Why data quality matters
Why does quality data matter? “Bad” data costs U.S. businesses $600 billion annually1. Whether bad data causes you to lose revenue, damages your brand, reduces your competitive edge, or simply results in bad decision-making, the costs are significant.
When looking for a data quality solution, we recommend you put the following at the top of your “must-haves” list:
- Reliability: The demand for reliable data quality is a critical—and persistent—need. Your business will want a vendor with a successful track record as well as a comprehensive approach to ensure a holistic data quality process that supports the key steps around discovering, defining, applying, monitoring, and measuring progress.
- Portability: Whether you’re using legacy mainframes or the latest tech du jour, you’ll want a data quality tool that can evolve as your business does. That means the data quality solution you deploy should allow you to scale across platforms—from on-premise to the cloud, in Hadoop, or in a hybrid ecosystem.
We’ve pioneered the categories of data integration and data quality since 1993 and offer a full suite of data quality and data enrichment—or Data as a Service (DaaS)—products that ensures consistent quality throughout data’s lifecycle—as it enters your systems, is analyzed mid-stream, and when it’s stored or archived—on premise, in the cloud, or on Hadoop.
- Embedded data stewardship: Our data management platform enables collaboration across your entire infrastructure, not just within specific tools and use cases.
- “Define once, deploy anywhere”: With Informatica Data Quality, you only need to define your business rules once, and they’ll be applied consistently anywhere—on premises, in the cloud, on Hadoop.
- Data-as-a-Service excellence: We ensure you can communicate with your customers using accurate contact record verification and superior data enrichment services.