Multi-source Healthcare Analytic Data Warehouse Integration
Available Now On Demand
Already registered? Click here to access the on demand.
In the quest to improve the diagnosis and treatment of its cancer patients, City of Hope clinical and research analysts require a broad spectrum of information across multiple data subject areas, source systems, and versions of history, with each having different formats and standards. In the past, the analysts had to delve into these disparate systems and fend for themselves to make sense of the data. This approach has proven to be both time-consuming and error-prone.
The City of Hope EDMA360 Analytic Data Warehouse improves analysts’ access to information by providing the hospital-wide, historically aligned, standardized 360-degree view of the patients that allows the analysts to seamlessly query data across the various source systems and historical boundaries. This allows the analyst to spend much less time gathering and standardizing data and more time providing the analysis required to improve diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Join this session to learn:
- City of Hope’s journey from dozens of data marts to the EDMA 360 single, central, integrated repository for multiple healthcare data subject areas (Patient, Provider, Encounter, Medications, Surgery, and a dozen others).
- How the Informatica toolset along with City of Hope’s development method improves time to delivery for the integrated data subject areas in the EDMA 360.
- How this integration isolates the analysts from source system turmoil including changes in source system technologies for EMR and source system data model changes during upgrades.
- Lessons learned and take-aways to aid your healthcare data integration journey
- Bedros Dilsizian – Director of City of Hope Enterprise Data Warehouse, City of Hope