While many women dream of being technologists, some may face obstacles in achieving their goals. For Informatica’s team in India, March was a special month, helping women in technology dream big and overcome barriers to diversity. Many important milestones set by the team were achieved as part of Informatica’s International Women’s Day (IWD) 2022 activities, and support the company’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equality, and Belonging (IDEB) initiative.
For their “Diversity Webinar Series by Women in INFA” program, Informatica women technologists were invited to colleges and universities across India to serve as guest and keynote speakers at multiple virtual forums. The goal was to encourage and empower young women coders to overcome fears and uncertainties about their chosen career paths.
In all, 19 Informatica women shared their inspiring personal journeys and success stories. Over 3,500 students and other attendees heard first-hand how women can #BreakTheBias and become successful in the IT industry. Students were excited to listen to these promising young women share their journeys to success. Making the webinars even more special, many of the 16 associate software engineers (ASEs) who spoke were alumni of the schools where they presented.
Inspiring Presentations by Informatica Women in Technology
Here's a sampling of webinar topics from women speakers who hold advanced positions at Informatica:
- Prasuna Hemanthraj, Principal Product Manager, discussed how continuous learning helped her in her career growth and journey at Informatica.
- Latha Kunigal, Manager of Technical Support, shared her insights on the importance of data quality and the role Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC) in contributing to customer success.
- Vishnupriya Krishnamurthy, Senior Manager of Customer Success, talked about Informatica's growth story and the opportunities for young coders to contribute to Informatica’s cloud-first, cloud-native solution.
In addition to the webinar series, other IWD activities included:
- Certification of over 25 women colleagues with the 'Inclusive Interview Panel' badge at an International Women’s Day Physical Event
- Diversity codeathon, dubbed “INFAthon,” for pan-Indian students
At Informatica, we strive to ensure a culture where everyone can feel welcome and bring their authentic selves to work. We congratulate all the women speakers and presenters who participated at this year’s IWD events. They serve as brand ambassadors as they pave the path for future women in technology.
If you want to #BreakTheBias and conquer the world of coding, join our diverse group as we transform data from binary information to extraordinary innovation. Check out the latest Informatica opportunities here.