Application Data Ingestion: Accelerate Data-Driven Decision Making
This is the final in a series of posts that discuss cloud mass ingestion application.
Do you use navigation software like Google Maps to get to a new restaurant? Binge-watch your favorite shows on Netflix? Post your latest adventures on Instagram?
If so, you’re contributing a massive volume of data to your routine, daily activities.
Now imagine the inordinate amount of data that is being produced — on a much larger and more complex scale — at your organization with every activity, every task, every day. In fact, according to Statista, by 2025, data creation worldwide is expected to increase threefold (more than 180 zettabytes).1
To solve the problems that come along with the volume, velocity, and variety of data being created, organizations need a cloud-native data management solution that can ingest, integrate, curate, and transform data in a governed manner for driving next-gen analytics use cases.
Today’s blog post is the final in a series. You may recall in the first blog, I explained the importance of code-free data ingestion and introduced the new application ingestion capability in Cloud Mass Ingestion; and in the second blog, I covered the use case patterns of application ingestion. Today I will focus on critical capabilities of Cloud Mass Ingestion - Applications, which enables you to ingest application data in minutes to help drive advanced analytics and AI use cases.
How Application Data Ingestion and Synchronization Drive Deeper Insights
The value of data has never been clearer. But often, data remains siloed within applications, which means it’s not being used as effectively as possible.
Dozens of software as a service (SaaS) and on-prem applications are used across organizations to conduct standard business operations. While these applications offer many benefits, their adoption means that data is now spread across different application systems.
To extract meaningful insights from the data, developers and analysts need to efficiently ingest and synchronize data from disparate and siloed application sources to optimize cost, enhance customer experience, and drive top-line revenue. Let’s look at three key technical benefits of application ingestion:
- Consolidates analytics initiatives: Having high-quality data for analytics starts with the ability to collect and ingest data from disparate sources and varied formats, to be reconciled, unified, and standardized in a cloud data lake. The sources may be almost anything, including databases, web, apps, and SaaS applications. For example, retailers are ingesting application data to track shopping habits; financial institutions are collecting data for real-time fraud detection; and manufacturers are gathering intel for assembly-line monitoring.
- Offloads analytics from SaaS applications: To accelerate advanced analytics and AI initiatives, you can easily ingest the application data from various SaaS sources into a cloud data warehouse, cloud data lake, or a message hub and integrate it with other data sources such as databases, streaming and files. This will help data scientists access high quality trusted data for building machine learning models and operationalize it.
- Accelerates cloud migration: Before analyzing the application data, you must move and unify it in the cloud data warehouse or cloud data lake. Many organizations have data locked up in siloed application systems and need a full view of their data to drive their use cases. What will help is a fully managed cloud-native unified ingestion service with out-of-the-box connectivity to connect to all the siloed applications and easily ingest the application data from on-prem applications to a cloud target for analytics and AI consumption.
Now that we understand the benefits of an application data ingestion solution, let’s explore its capabilities.
How Informatica’s Application Data Ingestion Advances Use Cases
To help advance a variety of use cases, Informatica Cloud Mass Ingestion Application ingests application data in minutes with a code-free, simple, and easy-to-use wizard-based UI with the following critical capabilities:
- Provides application ingestion capabilities as part of Informatica’s Mass Ingestion service
- Ingests data from SaaS and on-prem applications like Salesforce, SAP ECC, SAP HANA, MongoDB, and Dynamics 365, and supports schema drift for supported applications
- Monitors ingestion jobs in real time with lifecycle management, and alerts when there are issues
- Orchestrates application data ingestion in hybrid/cloud as a managed and secure service
It’s clear a code-free approach to data ingestion and synchronization can accelerate your ability to make rapid, data-driven business decisions.
To learn more about the application ingestion capability in Informatica Cloud Mass Ingestion service, watch the on-demand webinar, "How to Mass Ingest Application Data in Minutes Without Coding.” Or, start a 30-day trial now and see for yourself how Informatica Cloud Mass Ingestion can help ingest any data at scale to make it immediately available for real-time processing.