REDWOOD CITY, Calif., February 21, 2012 -
- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that Ochsner Health System, southeast Louisiana’s largest healthcare delivery system, has standardized on the Informatica Platform to power multiple information initiatives across the organization, ranging from health information exchange (HIE) and business intelligence (BI) to data quality and compliance.
- Ochsner’s use of the Informatica Platform is helping the multispecialty healthcare provider streamline patient care and improve patient outcomes. By delivering holistic, trustworthy, authoritative and secure data, Informatica also helps increase the value of Ochsner’s data and ultimately enables Ochsner to realize a higher return on data.
- In the vital area of health information exchange, the Informatica Platform has been deployed as the data integration backbone of Ochsner’s new electronic medical record (EMR) system, based on the Epic EMR platform, and aimed at enhancing the coordination and quality of patient care.
- The integrated data quality components of the Informatica Platform will be used to identify and correct quality issues across the lifecycle of Ochsner’s data, as the first step toward a broader master data management (MDM) strategy. This MDM strategy will ensure an enhanced, seamless experience – not just for Ochsner’s patients and 12,500 employees, but also for its community physicians and other stakeholders.
- Through its use of Informatica, Ochsner is one of the very first healthcare delivery systems to migrate and integrate large volumes of historical data from a homegrown, legacy EMR into Epic, resulting in:
- A single, real-time source for complete patient records across Ochsner’s eight hospitals and more than 35 health centers.
- Improved visibility for non-Ochsner physicians into the status of their patients in Ochsner facilities.
- Enhanced interaction of patients and physicians with healthcare providers inside and outside of Ochsner.
- Rapid and successful migration (using Informatica’s Velocity integration methodology) of patient, provider, clinical testing and other data from 38 systems into Epic in support of an aggressively scheduled solution rollout.
- In the business intelligence arena, Ochsner will further leverage Informatica to:
- Create a single shared view of operational data across the organization. The team has already integrated more than 22 transactional systems.
- Enable improved capacity management, labor management and provider performance management.
- Power comprehensive analysis around key topics such as generic prescribing and therapeutic substitutions.
- Additionally, Informatica Data Masking technology will be leveraged to mask medical record data that is used in Ochsner’s application development and test activities, thus supporting compliance with patient privacy mandates.
Tweet this: Ochsner Health System Streamlines Patient Care and Improves Patient Outcomes with @InformaticaCorp http://bit.ly/xESiSE #dataquality
- “Informatica is helping to affect a cultural shift at Ochsner as we move away from a home-grown EMR and collection of disconnected systems toward an integrated solution that will enable us to be a truly data-driven healthcare provider,” said Chris Belmont, senior vice president and chief information officer, Ochsner Health System. “The Informatica Platform is a remarkably efficient ‘soup to nuts’ solution. Without it, Ochsner would never have been able to create this health information exchange.”
- “Ochsner Health System’s use of Informatica underscores the criticality and broad applicability of data integration in enabling practitioners and improving patient care,” said Richard Cramer, chief healthcare strategist, Informatica. “From migrating and integrating historical health information and assuring its quality to powering real-time analytics to handling big data and big compliance demands, the Informatica Platform stands apart in enabling the strategic use of information in healthcare.”
- With the help of Informatica Professional Services, Ochsner Health System is deploying the following components of the Informatica Platform to underpin its Epic EMR system, create single, shared view of critical data for business intelligence across the organization, improve data quality and support data masking:
- Success Story: Ochsner Enhances Coordination of Patient Care Using the Informatica Platform
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 4,630 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Platform, Informatica Velocity, PowerCenter, PowerExchange, Informatica Data Quality and Informatica Data Masking are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.