Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today unveiled its vision for the Intelligent Data Platform. This next-generation platform will fuel applications, devices and people with the right data at the right time – forming a virtual data highway to intelligently connect people, places and things.
“Bad data – fragmented, unprotected, inaccessible and low quality – leads to poor business results,” said Anil Chakravarthy, executive vice president and chief product officer, Informatica. “The Intelligent Data Platform unleashes a new level of data-driven business potential by making data self-organizing, secure, trusted and more easily consumed by people, applications, devices and things.”
Today’s announcement came at Informatica’s annual user conference, Informatica World 2014, May 12-15 in Las Vegas, where the company is showcasing several Intelligent Data Platform use cases, including self-service data integration (Project Springbok), data-centric security (Project Secure@Source) and 360-degree views of business entities (MDM 10).
Vision: Intelligent Data for People, Places and Things
Even though data is at the center of every business initiative, the potential of data is being constrained by conventional project-based integration approaches, which struggle to keep pace with today’s burgeoning applications, information consumers and devices. The Intelligent Data Platform takes data management beyond the domain of special IT projects and makes it business-as-usual through data-fueled applications.
“Organizations need a new data management layer that simplifies the learnings from the data infrastructure level – metadata, usage patterns, uses that categorize available data, and rules – to ensure better consumption,” said John Myers, Research Director at Enterprise Management Associates, a Boulder, Colo.-based industry analysis and consulting firm. “This kind of intelligent data platform has the potential for making it easier for business users to enrich and prepare data. This new intelligent data layer will enable self-service discovery and provisioning to/with the data consumer’s tool or application of choice.”
The Intelligent Data Platform, as pioneered by Informatica, is comprised of three elements:
- Informatica Vibe Virtual Data Machine. Informatica Vibe is an embeddable data processing engine that enables customers to “Map Once. Deploy Anywhere.” by providing near-universal access to data regardless of its location, format or origin.
- Data Infrastructure. The data infrastructure layer systematically and continuously delivers clean, safe and connected data at any scale – departmental to enterprise, transactional to big data, on-premise or in the Cloud.
- Data Intelligence. The data intelligence layer, a first for the industry, will enable customers to repurpose pre-existing metadata created by the data infrastructure layer for greater visibility, better decision making and operational intelligence.
The Informatica Intelligent Data Platform will guide the right data, to the right place, person or thing, in the right way.
- Informatica will deliver the right data, which is of the highest quality, at the right time.
- Informatica will deliver data to the right place, which ison-premise and/or in the Cloud.
- Informatica will deliver data to the right person, whether the individual is a user in IT, an analyst, a data steward or business user.
- Informatica will deliver the data to the right thing, including networked devices or automated decision-making systems.
- Informatica will deliver data in the right way, ensuring it is secure, authorized and protected.
Customers and partners voice support for the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform and new product initiatives
Tweet this: News @InformaticaCorp unveils Intelligent Data Platform: the data highway that connects everything #AllThingsData http://bit.ly/RJUgL9
Note: Informatica, Informatica Platform, PowerCenter, Secure@Source and Vibe are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release includes forward looking statements, such as our plans for our products and services, the availability and value of our products and services, demand for our products and services, and our expectations regarding future industry trends. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially from the statements made in this press release. For a discussion of these risks and uncertainties, you should review our recent SEC filings, including our most recent report on Form 10-Q. Copies of these documents may be obtained from the SEC, by contacting our investor relations department or from our investor relations website at www.informatica.com/investor. All information provided in this press release is as of May 13, 2014, and we assume no obligation and do not intend to update or revise any forward-looking statements made in this press release as a result of new information or future events. In addition, the development, release and timing of any product or functionality described today remain at the sole discretion of Informatica and should not be relied upon in making a purchasing decision, nor as a representation, warranty or commitment to deliver specific products or functionality in the future.