Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced the Informatica 9.1 Platform. Based on years of pioneering innovation, Informatica 9.1 is the first unified data integration platform designed to unleash the full business potential of Big Data and empower the data-centric enterprise.
“Building on nearly two decades of innovation and leadership, Informatica 9.1 helps organizations realize the promise of Big Data,” said Girish Pancha, general manager, Data Integration Business, Informatica. “Big Data is the confluence of three technology trends: Big Transaction Data, representing massive growth in transaction data volumes; Big Interaction Data, fueled by explosive growth in interaction data from social media and sensor technologies; and Big Data Processing, with highly scalable processing using Hadoop open source technology. With well-differentiated support for all three Big Data trends, Informatica 9.1 uniquely delivers a unified data integration platform to empower the data-centric enterprise.”
Informatica 9.1 for Big Data empowers the data-centric enterprise by providing four critical capabilities:
“Inquiries about Big Data from Gartner clients have risen sharply in 2011 as organizations tackle a rapid increase in data volumes within and beyond the enterprise systems caused by transaction volumes, and other data types including social networks, images and other data not exploited in the past,” said Mark Beyer, Research Vice President, Gartner. “Data integration, data quality and master data management are among the requisite technology enablers for an organization to harness the full potential of Big Data.”
Informatica 9.1 has overwhelming support by customers and industry partners across the globe. More than 60 customers and partners voice support for Informatica 9.1 for Big Data.
Big Data Integration
Informatica 9.1 delivers an open data integration platform for Big Data initiatives with unparalleled interoperability including:
- Connectivity for Big Transaction Data – Informatica 9.1 delivers near-universal connectivity to big transaction data from traditional transaction databases, such as Oracle and IBM DB2, to the latest optimized for purpose analytic databases, such as EMC Greenplum, Teradata, Teradata Aster Data, HP Vertica and IBM Netezza.
- Connectivity to Big Interaction Data including Social Data – Informatica 9.1 supports connectivity to popular social networking services including: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. By enriching enterprise transaction data with social interaction data, enterprises benefit across a variety of business initiatives, such as customer loyalty programs designed to increase sales.
- Connectivity to Hadoop – Informatica 9.1 features connectivity to the Hadoop file system, HDFS. Using the connector, enterprises can leverage the highly scalable power of MapReduce by moving data into Hadoop for Big Data processing and moving the results to a target data store for consumption.
Authoritative and Trustworthy Data
Informatica 9.1 delivers trustworthy transaction data and authoritative master data with new innovations including:
- Multi-style and Multi-domain Master Data Management (MDM) – Informatica 9.1 uniquely provides a unified and versatile architecture for delivering both just-in-time and point-in-time master data known as Registry style and Hub style MDM respectively. Enterprises benefit from the timeliness of a system-of-reference with Registry style MDM and the scalable performance of a system-of-record with a Hub style MDM.
- Reusable Data Quality Policies for Data Governance – Informatica 9.1 facilitates extensive reuse of data quality policies across data profiling, data cleansing and MDM projects. With reusable data quality policies and rules, enterprises ensure consistency of results across projects and improve agility.
- Proactive Data Quality Assurance –Informatica 9.1 enables proactive alerting in support of data quality efforts employing sophisticated complex event processing technology to identify data quality exceptions in a timely manner.
Informatica 9.1 delivers personalized-for-role self-service facilities to empower users including IT analysts, developers, data stewards, project owners and business users.
- Self-Service Data Integration for Data Analysts and Stewards – Informatica 9.1 empowers analysts and stewards with simple-to-use self-service facilities to access, integrate, cleanse and deliver relevant data.
- Point-of-Use Data for Business Users-Informatica 9.1 enables business users to enrich their business applications with timely, relevant and trustworthy data. Examples include embedding MDM data controls into applications such as salesforce.com and calling data quality services from tools such as Microsoft Excel.
- Application-Aware Accelerators for Project Owners – Informatica 9.1 empowers project owners to reuse packaged application meta-data to shorten project delivery times for data integration projects.
- Self-Service Proactive Monitoring – Informatica 9.1 empowers business users to specify alerting rules for timely notification of business-critical events, and for operational intelligence.
Adaptive Data Services
Informatica 9.1 provisions high-quality data governed by centrally managed policies including:
- Multi-Protocol Data Provisioning for Data Virtualization – Powered by common logical data object and policy definitions, Informatica 9.1 provisions data using multiple protocols to improve developer productivity and accelerate project time-to-delivery.
- Integrated Data Quality for Data Governance – By profiling, standardizing, matching, merging and de-duplicating data on the fly, Informatica 9.1 ensures trustworthy data for both batch and real-time provisioned data.
- Policy-Driven Enforcement for Data Governance – Governed by central policies, Informatica 9.1 facilitates conformance to regulations and Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics for access control, freshness, quality, retention and privacy of data.
Informatica 9.1 is generally available now. The social media and Hadoop connectors are targeted for availability in June 2011.
- News: @InformaticaCorp launches 9.1 for Big Data to Empower the Data-Centric Enterprise http://bit.ly/lM1H70 #INFA91
- News: @InformaticaCorp 9.1 delivers Big Data Integration for #social data and #Hadoop http://bit.ly/lM1H70 #INFA91
- News: @InformaticaCorp ensures #Authoritative & #Trustworthy data incl reusable #dataquality & #MDM http://bit.ly/lM1H70 #INFA91
- News: @InformaticaCorp provides Adaptive Data Services with Informatica 9.1 http://bit.ly/lM1H70 #INFA91
- News: @InformaticaCorp delivers Self-service #dataintegration with Informatica 9.1 http://bit.ly/lM1H70 #INFA91 #selfservice
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world turn to Informatica to gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 4,350 enterprises rely on Informatica for data integration and data quality solutions to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica and Informatica Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on assumptions regarding Informatica’s product release. However, these statements are not guarantees of the availability, which may be delayed or cancelled. The development, release and timing of any Informatica product described in this document remain at the sole discretion of Informatica and should not be relied upon in making a purchasing decision. This document is provided for information purposes only. Statements made regarding product and packaging and future functionality are based on current available information, which is subject to change. Such statements should not be relied upon as a representation, warranty or commitment to deliver specific products or functionality in the future. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially from the results described in this press release. More information about potential risks and uncertainties that could affect Informatica's business and products are included under the caption “Risk Factors” in Informatica’s report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2011, which are on file with the SEC and are available on the Company’s investor relations website at www.informatica.com. All information provided in this release is as of June 6, 2011 and Informatica undertakes no duty to update this information.