Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, and Exterro, the leading provider of workflow-driven e-discovery software, announced that they are collaborating to integrate Informatica Data Archive with Exterro Fusion® to empower customers to substantially reduce the costs, time and risks associated with compliance and e-discovery.
The integration will provide organizations with a single point of control for orchestrating legal and preservation holds on data stored across Informatica Data Archive and a range of other sources. Informatica Data Archive’s Data Vault is the first structured data repository to be supported by Exterro.
Optimized for easy business access to archived data, Informatica Data Archive provides robust archiving support for all types of enterprise application data. Exterro Fusion supports the end-to-end e-discovery cycle while simplifying control, visibility and defensibility.
Together, Informatica Data Archive and Exterro Fusion will enable customers to:
- Save e-discovery and compliance time – Organizations will be able to leverage a single place for searching across a broad range of structured and unstructured data stores for relevant information, and a single tool for automating, monitoring and reporting on data preservation actions.
- Minimize costs – The cost of managing preservation orders will be significantly lowered through automation, costly over-preservation is avoided, and the need to incur collect-to-preserve costs is eliminated.
- Reduce risk – Organizations will be able to reduce reliance on custodian self-collection, automate the suspension and reinstatement of disposition policies, and leverage in-place data preservation to avoid guesswork and reduce risk.
“The integration of Exterro Fusion and Informatica Data Archive combines two best-of-category solutions to streamline the process of complying with preservation requests,” said Julie Lockner, vice president of product marketing, ILM, Informatica. “Customers will be able to more fully leverage their investments in data archiving and e-discovery without the need to develop their own custom integration solution.”
“Corporate legal departments are requiring greater visibility into the data stored throughout the organization, as well as the preservation policies governing that data, both structured and unstructured,” said Ted Gary, senior product marketing manager, Exterro. “The Informatica-Exterro integration will enable clients to defensibly and proactively demonstrate full compliance with e-discovery preservation obligations.”
Companies engaging in e-discovery face a number of key challenges. These typically include no central place to search for relevant matter across structured and unstructured data stores, a lack of integrated legal holds and preservation holds, a lack of audit trails, and no automated deletion policy suspension and reinstatement. The integration of Exterro Fusion and Informatica Data Archive will eliminate these challenges and enable organizations to:
- Utilize a single point of control and the organization’s system of record for preservation obligations to orchestrate holds across a range of data sources, including Informatica Data Archive, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365.
- Conveniently identify data across unstructured and structured data that may be relevant to a case, including data archived in Informatica Data Archive.
- Simplify the enforcement and tracking of a legal hold on data stored in Informatica Data Archive from Fusion Legal Hold™ using precise filter criteria. This will help avoid costly over-preservation of data and automatically create an audit trail on preservation efforts, required by the courts and regulatory authorities.
- Monitor the progress and enforcement of the preservation hold in Informatica Data Archive from Fusion Legal Hold.
- Remove the preservation hold subsequently from Fusion Legal Hold to prevent “orphaned” preservation holds.
- Authoritatively manage multiple, and possibly overlapping, preservation holds associated with multiple matters, avoiding inadvertent releases of information due to confusion about hold status.
In addition to integrating Informatica Data Archive and Exterro Fusion at the API level, Informatica and Exterro will engage in joint marketing and sales activities, as well as ongoing joint customer development activities.
Informatica Data Archive and Exterro Fusion integration is available in a limited release today with general availability from Informatica in December 2013. The integration is being unveiled this week at the ARMA 2013 Conference and Expo, October 28-30, in Las Vegas. More information is available at Exterro’s booth #555.
Tweet this: News @InformaticaCorp Data Archive to Integrate with @Exterro Fusion E-Discovery Software Suite http://bit.ly/1dg3ww0
Exterro, Inc. is the leading provider of workflow-driven e-discovery software. Designated a leader for e-discovery software by Gartner, Exterro Fusion delivers complete views into the critical data and workflows required for defensibly and proactively managing e-discovery across the EDRM. The innovative suite of e-discovery applications, supported by the Exterro Fusion Platform, unifies all phases of e-discovery – from identification, legal hold and early case assessment (ECA) to collection, processing, analysis, review and production. The system’s open architecture seamlessly integrates existing business processes and enterprise infrastructures. To learn more, visit www.exterro.com.