AWS and Informatica just celebrated 10 years of innovation together at AWS re:Invent 2021, enabling customers in their data-led digital innovation and transformation. As organizations pivot toward becoming data-driven, Informatica and AWS are at the forefront, serving as the trusted platforms for their modernization journeys. We want to thank our customers whose trust in both of our companies is critical to this modernization and data democratization movement, which was a central theme at AWS re:Invent 2021.
In his keynote presentation, AWS CEO Adam Selipsky announced updates to fine-grained access and serverless for AWS Lake Formation and on-demand analytics for Amazon Redshift. Informatica delivered innovations for both of these areas by working closely with the service teams of AWS Lake Formation and Amazon Redshift at the event. We already have customers adopting the innovation and implementing the solutions to drive business value.
In her keynote, Sandy Carter, VP, AWS Worldwide Public Sector Partners and Programs (pictured above), noted that data is the next frontier, where the next wave of innovation will be driven. She cited Informatica as one of the top 10 show announcements thanks to our joint innovation in cloud data management and customer success. (You can read about our joint customers Freddie Mac and Eli Lilly.)
Key Informatica Highlights at AWS re:Invent 2021
Here are some top announcements from the event:
- Joint Informatica and AWS customers can now empower business users with access to AWS Lake Formation governed data via Informatica’s user-friendly Axon Data Governance, which enforces data policies.
- We expanded our Databricks partnership with the announcement of faster, easier cloud integration to democratize access to Delta Lake on Databricks (cloud-native, no-code ELT and ETL with Databricks SQL).
- As a Preview Partner, Informatica announced support for Redshift serverless capabilities with our Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC) on AWS for serverless data management in modern analytics solutions.
- Customers are accelerating their cloud modernization journeys through the alignment of Informatica and AWS in the AWS ISV Workload Migration Program (WMP) and Data-Led Migration Program for Public Sector.
- Rik Tamm-Daniels, VP, Informatica Strategic Ecosystems and Technology, appeared on #theCUBE program to share how organizations of all types need to become trusted data companies (pictured above). Rik addressed the challenges of data fragmentation, data silos, and access to trusted data. Earlier this year, Informatica announced the availability of Informatica Cloud Data Governance and Catalog on AWS to address these access and trust challenges.
- Check out Informatica’s session on data modernization and democratization by Gopi Sankaran, VP, Strategic Cloud Ecosystems (pictured above). You can watch the session by first registering for the virtual edition of AWS re:Invent 2021 for free
A highlight of the event for us was the chance to meet with our customers and partners and hear first-hand about the state of their businesses, their cloud modernization challenges, and their success factors.
Informatica’s goal is to make our customers’ data dreams a reality. The innovations announced at AWS re:Invent, along with our joint customer proof points, validate our journey to achieve that goal.
Become a Data-Led Organization. Sign Up for Our Post-Show Virtual Demo Day.
Want to see how you can become a data-led organization and modernize on AWS with trusted data? Schedule a demo with our technical experts to take part in up to four demos of Informatica in action on AWS:
- Streamline Data Access in AWS Lake Formation
Automate self-service governed and trusted data access in AWS Lake Formation via Informatica’s Cloud Data Marketplace.
- Gain a Single View of All Your Data on AWS
Enable master data management on AWS for an authoritative record of critical business and customer data with 360-degree views and insights.
- Govern and Catalog Your Data on AWS
Automatically discover and understand data assets, similarities, and sensitivities to ensure trust for your data consumers.
- Integrate Your Data to AWS with our Free Service.
Fast-track data ingestion, integration, and transformation to your AWS data warehouse, data lake or lakehouse.
Try our free service! You can start Informatica’s industrial-grade Cloud Data Integration for ELT and ETL on AWS with our Free Service today. Accelerate data ingestion and migration to AWS by processing up to 500M rows of data per month for free.
Get in touch with our sales team to discuss your modernization initiatives. To book a meeting, just email our Informatica NA Events team (NA_Events@informatica.com)
Learn more about Informatica on AWS.
Learn more about Informatica with Databricks.