Today, Microsoft announced its Azure Synapse Analytics offering that combines two core use cases for modern analytics into a single platform: cloud data warehousing and big data analytics. Extending the power of Azure SQL Data Warehouse with the parallel processing, in-memory performance of Spark, and a unified development environment, Microsoft has raised the bar for accelerating analytics.
Azure Synapse provides our joint customers a powerful set of new capabilities:
- Scale and Performance: Azure Synapse delivers insights across data warehouses and big data analytics systems with blazing speed.
- Powerful Insights: Azure Synapse is deeply integrated with Power BI and Azure Machine Learning to greatly expand discovery of insights and apply machine learning models, significantly accelerating time to value.
- Security: Azure Synapse includes key security features such as automated threat detection, always-on data encryption, and fine-grained access control.
Informatica and Azure Synapse
Azure Synapse Advanced Data Warehouse capabilities open a huge opportunity for next generation analytics and data science. To maximize the opportunity for customers, Informatica is offering fully integrated, market leading capabilities for iPaaS, data engineering, data catalog, data quality and more. A customer can, natively on Azure, catalog enterprise data assets for accelerated discovery and sourcing of data to Azure, bring data to Azure with Informatica’s enterprise scale integration-platform-as-a-service (iPaaS) for hybrid, multi-mode data integration, prepare data with data engineering and data quality, get an accurate, complete view of their customers for customer 360 and protect their sensitive data assets in Azure. Informatica provides the most comprehensive set of enterprise data management capabilities to ensure success of Azure Synapse-enabled analytics initiatives.
Customers are choosing Informatica for their Azure modernization initiatives more than ever due to:
- Security and processing performance in hybrid and multi-cloud environments
- Single platform for all integration modes (streaming, batch, real-time, EDI, pub-sub, API management, app-to-app integration) including complex process orchestration and monitoring
- Governance with detailed lineage tracked end to end
- Scale (processing thousands of concurrent jobs with elastic scale-up/down)
- Informatica’s Intelligent Data Platform (which spans cataloging, data governance, data quality, master data management, data engineering, data preparation, and data protection and privacy)
The great news for Informatica customers is that all existing Informatica integrations that help accelerate Azure data-driven initiatives work with Azure Synapse!
We at Informatica are excited about Azure Synapse because it means customers will be able to execute analytics projects and get to meaningful business outcomes even faster than before. Informatica has been focused on accelerating access to and delivery of high-quality, trusted, ready-to-use data assets to Azure. Now with Azure Synapse the analysis of these data assets to drive better business outcomes will be much faster as users won’t need to use multiple development environments—whether their workload is more of a classic BI workload or one that consists of advanced machine learning and AI model building.
Learn more about how Informatica and Microsoft are accelerating cloud modernization for enterprise data warehouses with our first-in-the-industry Proof-of-Value offer to accelerate data warehouse modernization to Azure.