Kroton is one of the largest private educational organizations in Brazil and worldwide, operating in the primary and secondary education segment for over 45 years and in the postsecondary education segment for more than 10 years. In 2010, the Company acquired IUNI Educacional, an institution that offered undergraduate and graduate programs. In 2011, the Company acquired Universidade Norte do Paraná (Unopar), the largest distance learning institution in Brazil. To crown this intense pace of acquisitions, in 2013 Kroton announced its biggest-ever deal: its merger with Anhanguera, thereby consolidating its leadership in both the in-class and distance learning segments.
“We selected Informatica’s solution to solve the different technical challenges of the project. We needed a high-quality provider that was committed to our business imperatives.”
- Simplify and integrate IT environment as a result of acquisitions and rapid growth
- Provide better understanding of student profiles to provide personalized teaching and adoptive learning
- Create a single IT platform to ensure management of clean, safe and connected data
- Allow the adoption of Service Oriented Architecture technology for data integration
- Create master registrations for students, teachers, credits and subjects
- New information hub that connects student data with multiple systems and applications; reduces time to connect a new system to the student database by over 50%.
- 15-day deployment of a new portal connecting students to potential jobs—increasing Kroton’s brand value to both students and companies
- More complete view of students’ performance to analyze gaps, improve retention and allow personalized teaching and adaptive learning
- Consolidated & enriched student database including previously missing alumni information for long-term student engagement opportunities