Easily Integrate Usage Data to Improve CDR Analysis and Maximize Business Potential
Staying competitive in the telecommunications industry means leveraging call detail records (CDR) and CDR analysis to deliver quality voice and data services, respond rapidly to market demands, and maximize revenue. But to achieve these goals, your company must integrate large volumes of data in multiple formats from a wide range of systems—all while juggling technological changes such as 3G expansion, 4G/LTE network rollout and consolidation, and integration and management of changing standards such as the IPv4 to IPv6 evolution.
The analytical processing platform landscape is also changing. Centralized enterprise data warehousing is being supplemented by a federated environment that includes data marts, operational data stores, data warehouse appliances, grid computing, analytics in the cloud, and big data technologies such as Hadoop.
The Informatica Solution for Data Processing for CDR Analysis
The Informatica Solution for Data Processing for CDR Analysis enables telecom operators to integrate subscriber data into their analytical platforms quickly, easily, and accurately. Whether this subscriber data is in traditional ASN.1 standard-based CDR format or is IP-based data along with complex XML switch data, the solution integrates all data associated with subscriber activities. Organizations can then perform CDR analysis on all their data, including voice calls, web browsing, location data, and downloads.
As telecommunications companies develop a services and network infrastructure, it is essential to establish a common way to integrate detailed customer information into analytical platforms to avoid the creation of information stove-pipes. Flexibility is also critical. As an analytical environment evolves, it should not require rework of data integration processes. These challenges are exacerbated as companies contend with hugely expanding data volumes, increased demands from marketing and business operations, and increased competition from OTT players and new market entrants.
Key Capabilities of CDR Processing for Business Intelligence
The Informatica data processing solution for CDR analysis enables telecommunication providers to leverage data transformation solutions for ASN.1 and unstructured data formats such as JSON and complex XML. It also offers the ability to cleanse and secure this data. The solution is based on the Informatica Platform and features the following capabilities:
- Integrates subscriber data from multiple sources such as CDR’s, Network switches, CRM, ERP, e-Commerce applications as well as data from third-party providers.
- Provides a visual IDE (Interactive Design Environment) enabling the visualization of complex data formats that help the business understand new insights that may be possible.
- Proactively monitors and cleanses subscriber data to ensure that authoritative and trustworthy data is available to all stakeholders and data domains, for all projects and business applications, enabling your company to trust all of its data, for all its needs, at all times.
- Ensures compliance with data privacy regulations and organization-wide data privacy mandates with Informatica Data Masking, to dynamically mask sensitive production data from unauthorized access and permanently mask nonproduction data.
- Synchronizes consolidated subscriber data with the data warehouse and any packaged or home-grown applications, whether in the cloud or on premise
- Provides a switch to analysis data integration processes that can be rolled out to any changing analytical platform.
- Replicates existing mapping and processes to a big data Hadoop environment.
- Provides your organization with a data abstraction layer for fast and direct access to data from many disparate sources, without the need for physical movement.