- Today Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of enterprise data integration software, announced the launch of Informatica Data Archive Cloud Store Option, another first in cloud computing.
- The industry’s first Infrastructure-as-a-Service offering to archive database and enterprise application data to the cloud in a cost-effective and secure manner.
- Supports almost all structured data including relational databases, enterprise applications and data warehouses.
- Removes need for specialized database skills through standard file system management of archives.
- Simplifies the entire cycle of archiving data, whether stored in the cloud or on-premise.
- Maintains data security and data integrity through end-to-end encryption and application-specific business rules which enables easy restoration of archived data.
- Provides an optimized data access service on Amazon EC2 in order to query and retrieve data that has been archived to Amazon S3.
- Archived data remains fully accessible to users via standard SQL querying, reporting and discovery tools.
- Automatically distributes processing load to accommodate spikes in utilization when reporting requirements grow, during eDiscovery or compliance audits.
Tweet this: @InformaticaCorp Launches Industry’s First Database Archive To The Cloud Offering #ilm # iaas #cloudcomputing http://bit.ly/cXSNXe
- “Companies are rethinking their approach to data retention as their data volumes continue to grow exponentially and they have to hold onto that data for long periods of time”, said Adam Wilson, general manager, ILM, Informatica. “Informatica’s Data Archive Cloud Store Option provides the ideal approach to cost effectively maintain these large, infrequently accessed data volumes.”
- “Organizations today are looking to find ways to more cost-effectively and securely archive their data, while maintaining easy access,” said Simon Robinson, Research Director for Storage at the 451 Group. “With the launch of Informatica Data Archive Cloud Store Option Informatica is offering a new service that enables customers to simply and efficiently leverage pooled compute and storage resources in the cloud to store and access inactive data from their enterprise applications and databases. Storing archived data in the cloud is well suited to the elasticity of cloud services, given the dynamic nature of the data access and the promise of cost-efficiencies gained through Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) deployments.”
- “Cloud storage presents an attractive option for dealing with the rising volume of enterprise data, but CIOs are right to demand high-performance, easy-to-use, cost-effective cloud storage solutions that ensure the data is readily accessible to business users,” said Senad Hadzic, CIO, KaMin Performance Minerals. “Informatica’s new Data Archive Cloud Store Option provides IT with the enterprise-grade solution requisite for making cloud storage a key part of an organization’s total data storage ecosystem.”
Pricing and Availability
- Informatica Data Archive Cloud Store Option can be deployed on any public or private cloud infrastructure. Initially it will be available at the end of Q1 on Amazon EC2 and S3. Future versions will support deployment on other IaaS providers.
- Pricing for the Data Archive Cloud Store Option will start at $1 per gigabyte and includes connectivity to the cloud storage provider, compression and encryption services, storage in the cloud and access to the data on an on-going basis for query, reporting, and restoration.
- In 2008 the number of customers using service providers for e-mail archiving grew 59%, representing 42% of the market.1 More generally, Gartner predicts that 50% of organizations will move to a SaaS or cloud model for archiving by 2013.2
- View the Informatica Data Archive Cloud Store Option Chalk Talk and Demo here.
- Informatica and Amazon.com Web Services were both named to ChannelWeb’s 2009 Top 20 Cloud Vendors list. Amazon in the Top 20 Coolest Platform Vendors and Informatica in the Top 20 Coolest Infrastructure Vendors.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on assumptions regarding Informatica’s product release and service availability. However, these statements are not guarantees of the availability, which may be delayed or cancelled. The development, release and timing of any Informatica product or service availability described in this document remain at the sole discretion of Informatica and should not be relied upon in making a purchasing decision. This document is provided for information purposes only. Statements made regarding product and/or services packaging and future functionality are based on current available information, which is subject to change. Such statements should not be relied upon as a representation, warranty or commitment to deliver specific products, services or functionality in the future. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially from the results described in this press release. More information about potential risks and uncertainties that could affect Informatica's business and products are included under the caption “Risk Factors” in Informatica’s report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2009, which are on file with the SEC and are available on the Company’s investor relations website at http://www.informatica.com/. All information provided in this release is as of February 9, 2010 and Informatica undertakes no duty to update this information.
“Dataquest Insight: E-Mail Archiving Software Market, Worldwide, 2009” , Gartner Dataquest Insight (G00169096)
2 Archiving in the Cloud: What End Users Should Consider” , Gartner RAS Core Research Note(G00170510
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. The Informatica Platform provides organizations with a comprehensive, unified, open and economical approach to lower IT costs and gain competitive advantage from their information assets. More than 3,900 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise and in the internet cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com.