REDWOOD CITY, CALIF., February 14, 2012 -
- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that UMass Memorial Health Care, the largest healthcare system in Central and Western Massachusetts, is using the Informatica Platform to power a unified view of its millions of patients, tens of thousands of providers and millions of encounters across its academic medical center – four hospitals and more than 60 outpatient clinics.
- Transforming the way data is used at UMass Memorial, the Informatica Platform will help the integrated healthcare delivery organization improve decision making and clinical outcomes, measure and grow its patient population, accurately evaluate its position with respect to becoming an Accountable Care Organization (ACO), and ultimately maximize its return on data.
- Like many large healthcare systems, UMass Memorial’s ability to achieve integrated views and engage in analytics has traditionally been impeded by significant data quality challenges and a complex and fragmented systems environment – with over 100 critical and non-critical applications.
- To address its challenges, UMass Memorial is using its Informatica implementation – specifically Informatica PowerCenter Advanced Edition and Informatica Data Quality – to integrate its clinical, financial and administrative data, regardless of location, format or volume, and to enable the use of trusted, high-quality data for reporting on the patient population served by the health system and the relationship of each patient to the health system.
- The Informatica solution enables UMass Memorial’s primary care patient population project to correctly measure the total active patients visiting UMass Memorial’s primary care physicians, a task that was previously impossible due to incomplete, unreliable and duplicative information; conflicting data formats; and siloed systems.
- As part of its data governance strategy, UMass Memorial is using Informatica Data Quality to automate the reconciliation of patient-provider relationships with data stewardship for review of exceptions.
- Supported by the skills, knowledge and experience of Informatica Professional Services, UMass Memorial rationalized patient and provider records, profiled and resolved underlying data quality challenges and produced a reliable record of its patient care population – a report the organization had been trying to generate for more than a year – in justsevenweeks. Thus, this has opened the door for UMass Memorial, after years of unsuccessful effort, to be able to engage in more accurate primary care patient analysis.
- The Informatica solution will also help strengthen UMass Memorial’s relationships with its provider population, including referring physicians, who will benefit from more efficient business processes and clinical services.
- Earlier this year, UMass Memorial also deployed the Informatica EMR Data Migration Foundation as a key component of its five-year, $140 million Cornerstone initiative to replace legacy clinical and financial applications throughout its healthcare delivery network.
: UMass Memorial Gains Insight and Understanding of Patient Population with @InformaticaCorp Data Integration #Platform
- "Using the Informatica Platform, we will know who our primary care patients are and how many of them there are, whether the volume of patients is rising or decreasing, how many we are treating in an ambulatory or acute care setting and what happens to those patients as they move through the healthcare system," said George Brenckle, senior vice president and chief information officer, UMass Memorial Health Care. "We will also be able to examine which providers they saw and at which location. This data will be vital in the development of the strategy to improve clinical outcomes, grow the patient population and increase efficiency."
- "Healthcare organizations have formidable information management challenges, as do enterprises of all types that have grown by mergers and acquisitions, and UMass Memorial has a foot in both of these camps," said Richard Cramer, chief healthcare strategist, Informatica. "In turning to the Informatica Platform, UMass Memorial now enjoys an authoritative and trusted view of clinical and financial performance across an extended and multifaceted enterprise. This view is not only increasing UMass’ return on data, but it is also paying valuable dividends to patients, providers and administrative decision-makers alike."
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 4,630 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica is a registered trademark of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.