REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 02, 2011 -
- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent leader in data integration software announced a partnership with Symantec to address the challenges of big data.
- Under this agreement, Symantec expands its existing relationship with Informatica to resell Informatica Data Archive. The new agreement enhances Symantec’s market leading portfolio of data protection, email and file archiving solutions with new capabilities and a single delivery model.
- The combination of Symantec NetBackup, Enterprise Vault and Informatica Data Archive will provide a more robust solution for protecting and archiving large databases and applications. Informatica Data Archive also enables NetBackup customers to move their inactive data from their production databases to reduce their data size and improve the efficiency of their backup and recovery processes.
- Customers can now dramatically lower the total cost of ownership of databases and enterprise applications, similar to the benefits customers have already experienced by archiving email and files. By intelligently relocating dormant data from production databases, customers will be able to significantly improve query performance and reduce backup windows without investing in additional infrastructure.
- Together Symantec and Informatica enable organizations to cost-effectively retain data based on common retention policies as well as search and discover data which is archived centrally. Organizations will gain the benefits of reduced storage costs, central management and reduced risks of non-compliance.
- Informatica continues to develop strong partnerships with technology leaders to further accelerate the adoption of data integration and data quality.
Informatica and Symantec will provide the best-of-breed suite for archiving and data protection:
Informatica Data Archive. High-performance database archiving software that helps IT organizations cost-effectively manage data growth in enterprise business applications, operational data stores and data warehouses. Informatica Data Archive helps organizations enforce retention, disposal and security policies for regulatory compliance.
Symantec NetBackup. Industry leading data protection that centralizes physical and virtual data protection, eliminates backup problems with end-to-end deduplication and simplifies, fast recovery of business information.
Symantec Enterprise Vault. The industry leading solution for integrated content archiving, enables users to store, manage and discover unstructured information across the organization. Enterprise Vault helps customers de-duplicate information at the source to reduce costs, confidently delete information and efficiently discover information.
- “Customers look to Symantec to help them protect and manage their most valuable data assets, wherever that information may reside,” said Brian Dye, vice president of product management, Symantec. “By partnering with Informatica, today we add significant capabilities to address emerging needs around managing growth in structured data. Together, we are able to deliver a comprehensive solution to address the complete spectrum of enterprise archiving and backup and recovery needs.”
- “Today IT organizations frequently struggle to backup ever-growing data volumes within ever-shrinking backup time windows,” said Adam Wilson, senior vice president and general manager, Information Lifecycle Management, Informatica. “By archiving inactive data using Informatica Data Archive, enterprises can dramatically reduce the amount of time and effort required for backup and recovery. Our joint offering with Symantec will enable enterprises to cost-effectively manage data growth, ensure compliance and streamline data protection.”
Tweet this: #BigData challenge tackled w/ @InformaticaCorp & @Symantec partnership http://bit.ly/lDsP0G #ILM #DataArchiving
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 4,350 enterprises rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/companies/3858 and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica and Informatica Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on assumptions regarding Symantec’s and Informatica’s products and solutions, including statements regarding the expected scope and benefits of such products and solutions. The development, release, timing and availability of any product or solution described in this press release remain at the sole discretion of Symantec and Informatica and should not be relied upon in making a purchasing decision. This press release is provided for information purposes only. Statements made regarding products, solutions or functionality are based on current available information, which is subject to change. Such statements should not be relied upon as a representation, warranty or commitment to deliver specific products, solutions or functionality in the future. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially from the results described in this press release. More information about potential risks and uncertainties that could affect actual results are discussed in Informatica’s report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2010 and other reports filed the SEC, which are available on Informatica’s investor relations website at http://www.informatica.com, and in Symantec’s report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2010 and other reports filed with the SEC, which are available on Symantec’s investor relations website at http://investor.symantec.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=89422&p=irol-irhomeNews. All information provided in this release is as of May 2, 2011 and neither Informatica nor Symantec undertake any duty to update this information.