LONDON, England and REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 06, 2012 -
- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that BT Retail, one of the world’s leading communications services companies, has standardized on Informatica Cloud to drive agile decision making across BT Retail.
- The award-winning Informatica Cloud solution is being used to extend the Informatica Platform in order to streamline and accelerate executive decisions, by unifying reporting across the many instances of Salesforce (which collectively span some 5,000 users) deployed across BT Retail, including BT Business and BT Conferences.
- The multi-tenant cloud integration services and platform increase the value of data by ensuring the relevant Salesforce information is available to the BT Retail leadership team, providing the data at the moment of value and making sure that it is timely and holistic.
- Informatica Cloud simultaneously lowers the cost of data by making BT Retail more productive and freeing up resources for other critical activities. BT needed to develop code to transfer and transform data to move it into Salesforce from an in-house system. Using conventional development tools, the project took 14 days to complete. With Informatica Cloud, the project was delivered in two days. By increasing the value of data and lowering the cost of data BT Retail maximizes its return on data.
- Informatica Cloud also automates the loading and extraction of crucial BT Retail sales data, including win/loss reports, prospect management and contract information, between flat files and Salesforce. The system will be further extended to integrate data for reporting from other areas of the business that currently do not use Salesforce, including BT Directories.
- BT Retail selected Informatica Cloud following a rigorous comparison with alternative solutions. The communications services company concluded that Informatica technology was very easy to use and that it supports specific business processes (such as customer/product master synchronization, opportunity to order and beyond) and point-to-point data integration requirements (for instance, Salesforce to on premise or cloud-to-cloud end-points).
Tweet this: BT Retail Standardizes on @InformaticaCorp #Cloud http://bit.ly/L0ToJI #ReturnOnData @infacloud
- “Informatica Cloud is playing a vital role in ensuring BT Retail has a single version of the truth in support of its decision making,” said Chris Hammond, project director, BT Business. “The easy to use cloud integration service ensures that everyday reporting performed through Salesforce is complete and up-to-date. This supports agile and accurate decision making, enabling BT retail to get ever closer to customers by understanding their lifestyles and their businesses and helping establish long-term relationships with them.”
- “BT Retail, like so many other customers worldwide, recognizes that Informatica Cloud is the de facto standard for integrating cloud-based applications such as Salesforce and on-premise databases and applications,” said Juan Carlos Soto, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Data Integration, Informatica. “Informatica Cloud extends what is possible with our core platform and ensures that BT Retail is able to eliminate multiple silos of reporting information, create a single record of the business and increase their return on data to become an even more dynamic and agile communications company.”
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, nearly 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter,Informatica Cloud and Informatica Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.