Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced the finalists in its 2010 Informatica Innovation Awards competition. The eight business and technology awards categories recognize innovative organizations that are using the Informatica Platform and services to derive value across enterprises from their data integration implementations.
Honoring those enterprises that have achieved exemplary data integration results and performance, Informatica will announce individual category winners and one overall “best-of-the-best” winner on November 2 at the Gaylord National Hotel in Washington, D.C. as part of Informatica’s 11th annual user conference - Informatica World 2010. For the first time, winners will be selected by the public through online voting on the award website. Voting will begin in mid-August.
Finalists were selected from Informatica’s 4,100 customers which best showcased their use of the Informatica Platform. The Platform supports all steps in the data integration life cycle and helps companies drive competitive advantage across their businesses with real-world data integration deployments to lower costs, increase productivity, reduce risk and enhance business agility.
This year’s judges come from a pool of Informatica executives, as well as the industry analyst community, including Bloor Research, Enterprise Strategy Group, Hurwitz & Associates, IT Market Strategy, MDM Institute, Nucleus Research, Tower Group and Ventana Research, all of whom are data integration experts making recommendations to enterprises looking to derive business value from their data.
“Being recognized as a finalist in the Informatica Innovation Awards program is an honor for us,” said Tim Leonard, CTO and vice president for information technology, U.S. Xpress Enterprises, Inc. “Having a consistent and accurate view of our customer data is imperative for us and we have seen almost immediate returns on our investment – in fact in a matter of months. Taking part in the awards program has given us an opportunity to showcase the great work we are doing to other parts of our business as well as to the broader data integration user community. We and the other finalists demonstrate how using data integration technology can significantly improve the value of data and the performance of any organization.”
The 2010 Innovation Awards Business Enablement and Technology Enablement categories, judges and respective finalists include:
- Accelerating shareholder value in mergers and acquisitions – judged by Rodney Nelsestuen, Tower Group
- Honeywell International, Santander Brasil with Informatica Professional Services, Saxon Mortgage
- Delivering trusted information to drive data governance, compliance and reduce risk – judged by Brian Babineau, Enterprise Strategy Group
- Bank Julius Baer & Co Ltd Singapore Branch, BBVA Compass with Crowe Horwath, D&B with Cognizant, Johnson and Johnson Healthcare Systems
- Driving Operational Excellence by Outsourcing Noncore Functions, Modernizing the Business, or Reducing IT Costs – judged by Merv Adrian, IT Market Strategy
- AstraZeneca, Deutsche Asset Management Company with Wipro, HealthNow New York, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company
- Enabling better decision making by driving business intelligence – judged by Mark Smith, Ventana Research
- AstraZeneca, Cabela’s with Teradata, HealthNow New York, VIVO with Teradata
- Improving customer information to enhance customer service or increase customer revenue – judged by Aaron Zornes, MDM Institute
- Johnson and Johnson Healthcare Systems, Merrill Lynch with Informatica Professional Services, Station Casinos with Informatica Professional Services
- Strengthening partner network efficiency – judged by David O’Connell, Nucleus Research
- Wells Fargo with Informatica Professional Services, Large Financial Services Firm with Cognizant
- Fortifying overall operations with global data quality – judged by Philip Howard, Bloor Research
- Bank Julius Baer & Co Ltd Singapore Branch, Foster’s Group Limited, U.S. Xpress Enterprises
- Cloud Computing – judged by Judith Hurwitz, Hurwitz & Associates
- Telegraph Media Group Limited, Toshiba America Business Solutions, TransUnion
“Companies are continuing to broaden their use of enterprise data integration solutions, implementing innovative new ways to address their data challenges,” said Brian Babineau, senior consulting analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “The Innovation Award winners and their partners embody the spirit of excellence that we counsel data integration users to aspire to: enabling customer intimacy through single versions of data, employing enterprise-wide data governance strategies and ensuring information can be used for improving the potential of business and more. We applaud their successes and are proud to have played a part in selecting the finalists.”
Tweet this: Finalists Announced For 2010 @InformaticaCorp Innovation Awards; Winners Announced at @infaworld http://bit.ly/b7rIhM #IW2010
For more information on Informatica World 2010 and to register, please visit www.informatica.com/world. Also follow us on Twitter @infaworld for regular updates.