MELBOURNE, Australia, October 11, 2010 -
- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that Foster’s Group Limited is using the Informatica Platform to attain a single, accurate view of its global operations.
- Foster’s Group primarily known for its flagship beers, is a 160-year-old global beverage company that owns a portfolio of more than 200 brands, including beer, wine, spirits, cider, and -nonalcoholic beverages. Through a series of acquisitions Foster’s has operations on five continents, sells its products in more than 100 countries and employs a workforce of 6,000.
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As) have caused Foster’s to have a mix of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and different methods for defining and processing key business data, such as information on customers and products.
- Foster’s is utilizing Informatica Data Quality, Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica PowerExchange and Informatica Data Explorer. The Informatica solution:
- Underpins Foster’s enterprise architecture program, impacting all of the international beverage leader’s business units.
- Drives common business processes, improved data quality, IT simplification and reuse across the enterprise.
- Is leveraged for ERP consolidation – merging five systems into one – and the establishment of a unified Customer Relationship Management (CRM) environment.
- Powers the creation of a single global Business Intelligence (BI) environment for faster, lower-cost reporting and analytics, enhanced supply chain efficiency and improved production planning.
- Enables standardization of product and customer data hierarchies for unified global views.
- Improves data quality before, during and after data migrations and system consolidations.
- Allows broader use of outsourced IT services and reassignment of internal IT resources to higher-value tasks through the elimination of inflexible, hand-coded integration interfaces.
Tweet this: Foster’s Taps @InformaticaCorp for Single View of Global Operations and to Eliminate Hand-coding http://bit.ly/ayjiHd
- “The target state for our enterprise architecture program is to have a single source of truth for critical business data worldwide. The Informatica Platform is an essential part of achieving that goal,” said Michael Davis, senior enterprise architect, Foster’s Group. “The Informatica solution will eventually touch almost every aspect of the business through the improved quality of information, streamlined processes and visibility into global operations it helps to power.”
- “Foster’s use of the Informatica Platform showcases its capabilities for addressing the broad range of today’s data integration scenarios – from data migration and system consolidation to business intelligence and enterprise data quality,” said Ivan Chong, executive vice president, Data Quality Business, Informatica. “At the same time, Foster’s highlights the broad value gained from possessing a single, trusted view of operations – including faster, better business decisions, enhanced compliance and stronger customer relationships.”
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,100 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/companies/3858 and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica,Informatica Platform, Informatica Data Quality, PowerCenter, PowerExchange and Informatica Data Explorer are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.