SEOUL, Korea and REDWOOD CITY, Calif., August 29, 2012 -
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that tsis Inc., IT solution provider and subsidiary of Taekwang Group, deployed Informatica Data Archive to reduce costs and increase system performance.
- Informatica Data Archive, one of Informatica’s Application Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) software product offerings and part of the Informatica Platform, enables tsis to cost-effectively manage its explosive customer data growth in a range of enterprise business applications.
- Prior to using Informatica, tsis was challenged with declining system performance and longer backup windows for its ever-growing and business-critical customer, contract and billing application that is used by over 200 employees.
- Informatica Data Archive helps tsis maximize its return on data by delivering more timely access to data, while dramatically reducing data management costs. Specifically, Informatica enables tsis to:
- Archive over 20 percent of its five terabyte customer, contract and billing application, thereby improving user response time and reducing backup windows and system unavailability due to long maintenance periods.
- Seamlessly access the archived data from the original application with no change to the user experience.
- Significantly reduce required server and storage hardware for merger and acquisition projects, thereby reducing costs.
- Predict and plan proactively for storage capacity needs.
- Given the success tsis has already achieved by using Informatica Data Archive in its customer, contract and billing application, the company has recommended Informatica Data Archive to its subsidiary Tbroad, a multiple system operator focusing on broadcasting, broadband and voice over IP (VoIP).
tsis Increases Performance and Reduces Costs with @InformaticaCorp
- “With Informatica, we were able to efficiently and cost effectively archive customer data that is not often used,” said Jae-Young Park, system strategic team manager, tsis. “This has enabled us to remove dormant data from the existing systems and enhance performance while reducing operating costs. We plan to regularly archive data in the future with Informatica Data Archive to optimize application performance.”
- “As enterprise data continues to grow exponentially, companies not equipped to deal with the surge suffer from escalating data management costs, increased business risk and deteriorating system performance,” said Adam Wilson, senior vice president and general manager, ILM, Informatica. “Informatica Data Archive helps organizations like tsis combat this data growth and ultimately improve application performance, ensure regulatory compliance and reduce costs.”
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, nearly 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter, Informatica Platform, Informatica Application Information Lifecycle Management and Informatica Data Archive are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.