Minimize Data Breaches, Maximize Test Data Quality, Protect Privacy
Informatica Persistent Data Masking is highly scalable, high-performance data masking software. It helps your IT organization manage access to your most sensitive data. Informatica Persistent Data Masking shields confidential data—such as credit card numbers, addresses, and phone numbers—from unintended exposure by creating realistic, de-identified data that can be shared safely internally or externally.
- Reduce the risk of data breaches in nonproduction environments
- Produce higher-quality test data and streamline development projects
- Ensure compliance with data privacy mandates and regulations
Informatica Persistent Data Masking Key Features
Scalable Data Masking for Heterogeneous Applications
- Supports data masking across on-premise and cloud applications and databases—such as Oracle, DB2, Sybase, SQL Server, Sybase, Teradata, Netezza, IMS, VSAM, and Salesforce.com—and platforms, including Windows, UNIX/Linux, and z/OS, making the process of persistent data masking more versatile
- Controls data masking processes from a central environment with a multithreaded engine that handles
large-volume data masking, vastly facilitating persistent data masking initiatives
Policy-driven Data Masking Support
- Create reusable and repeatable data masking rules from a comprehensive set of data masking techniques including substitution, randomization, sequential, skewing, and nullification
- Retains data field formats while masking the original data value, maintaining the functional appearance and integrity of masked data, providing users access to contextually rich yet de-identified data
Comprehensive Set of Application Accelerators
- Provides prepackaged data masking rules for many packaged business applications, such as Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, SAP, and Siebel, enhancing productivity and expediting implementations
- Simplifies viewing, editing, and extending of prepackaged data masking, helping to ensure complete coverage of sensitive data
Broad Connectivity and Custom Application Support
- Create data masking rules and standards that can be reused across all enterprise systems, streamlining the data masking process
- Enables data privacy policies to be tailored to meet individual business requirements, producing ease of adoption and quick rollouts
Improved quality of applications and accelerated deployment
- Provides realistic data based on production environments (e.g.
- Salesforce.com Sandbox environments) to comprehensively test and reduce rework and production issues.
Streamlines projects with a graphical, purpose-built UI that enables users to quickly create sophisticated masking rules (e.g. leave first three digits alone but shuffle last four).