Informatica Announces New Data Protection Integrations Across Microsoft Platform
Supporting Multi-Cloud Enterprise Compliance Efforts as Organizations Work to Address Global Data Privacy and Protection Concerns
- Joining the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association to accelerate data privacy and protection across the enterprise
- Launching Informatica Secure@Source support of Microsoft Azure Information Protection to discover, classify, and track data proliferation to protect sensitive data holistically across Azure and other third-party sources on-premises and in the cloud
- Extending data protection coverage beyond business systems to include documents, emails and other critical user generated content
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 2, 2019 – Informatica®, today announced it’s expanding its data security integrations with Microsoft. Informatica has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association and now offers support of Microsoft Azure Information Protection with Informatica Secure@Source, for data privacy and protection across the enterprise.
Informatica provides a leading data privacy solution that can measure, monitor, and manage risk across the hybrid enterprise with comprehensive coverage across structured, semi-structured and unstructured data, at scale; a necessity as companies work to further their digital transformations and comply with data protection regulations including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the upcoming California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
The new integration addresses data privacy and protection concerns for Azure adoption and allows enterprises to continuously monitor use, proliferation, and movement of data internally, across borders and third-party sources.
Users can analyze risk based on data properties, classification, and policies to prioritize data privacy and protection activities based on risk exposure. In addition, the solution automates the discovery, classification, linking and mapping of sensitive data across Azure and other enterprise on-premises, cloud and third-party data sources. Informatica provides a Microsoft certified solution to help companies using Azure and other cloud platforms better manage privacy and compliance risk across their data sources.
- “As organizations continue their digital transformation journeys, data privacy and protection are key concerns in 2019,” said Jitesh Ghai, senior vice president and general manager, data governance and privacy, Informatica. “Microsoft platforms are a critical component of our customers’ transformation efforts, and the combination of Informatica Data Privacy and Microsoft Information Protection provides the broadest data privacy capabilities, to protect and govern personal data and support compliance with privacy regulations including GDPR and CCPA.”
- “Data privacy and protection is a critical capability that nearly all large enterprises are working to address,” said Ryan McGee, director, Microsoft Security. “We are pleased to add Informatica to the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association and with Informatica’s new data privacy and security integrations with Microsoft Azure, companies are better able to ensure their data is properly and efficiently managed in a safe, secure and compliant environment.”
Tweet this: News: @Informatica launches new data protection integrations across Microsoft platform. http://infa.media/pr190502a
Informatica is the only proven Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader that accelerates data-driven digital transformation. Informatica enables companies to fuel innovation, become more agile, and realize new growth opportunities, resulting in intelligent market disruptions. Over the past 25 years, Informatica has helped thousands of customers unleash the power of data. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Note: Informatica is a trademark or registered trademark of Informatica in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
The information provided herein is subject to change without notice. In addition, the development, release and timing of any product or functionality described today remain at the sole discretion of Informatica and should not be relied upon in making a purchasing decision, nor as a representation, warranty, or commitment to deliver specific products or functionality in the future
Informatica Public Relations