With retail operations in 11 countries and an extensive portfolio of telecommunications services, the UK-based Carphone Warehouse is Europe's leading independent mobile communications retailer.
“Informatica PowerCenter is the system that makes our operations tick every day. If it didn't work, everyone who relies on it would be complaining instantly, and that just shows how much it helps us to drive our business.”
- Compound growth created a significant, daily need for accurate financial performance data across all lines of business.
- Series of acquisitions, such as Talk Talk and Opal Telecom, meant that the type of sales data collated every day had diversified as well as accelerated.
- Implement daily reporting with minimal impact on IT performance.
- Integrate data from multiple sources: in-house retail system, 10,000 users across Europe, Oracle and bespoke legacy platforms.
- Provide executives with detailed visibility into financial performance.
- Deployed unified, scalable Informatica solution to deliver a daily financial reporting system for use by anyone in the company who needs it.
- Increased gross margins by 3% by adjusting sales strategies in response to financial performance information.
- Facilitated fast, current analysis of financial performance—right down to individual store and customer granularity.
- Reduced operating costs for financial reporting through enhanced management of data integration processes.