“It doesn’t matter where the data comes from. Informatica has given us the capabilities to channel it to a single location in a useful format. Irrespective of which member of the care team is involved, the right information is always available, enhancing the way patients are treated and operations are improved.”
- The health system needs to ensure the right people have the data they need at the right time in order to deliver value-based care.
- There was a requirement to deliver integrated and organized data across the enterprise, comprised of common tools, taxonomies and standards.
- CHRISTUS Health was struggling to cope with data growth arising from shifts in healthcare delivery and rising volumes of operational information.
- Delivery of the right data to the right person required significant manual effort which minimized productivity.
- Relevant information was scattered across an array of siloed applications and EMRs, making it hard to aggregate and govern data—and validate data quality.
- The health system uses an enterprise information management, based on Informatica, to enable data to be efficiently captured, normalized and interrogated.
- Increased adoption of evidence-based computerized physician order entry, resulting in decreased length of stay and reduced emergency department wait times.
- Care providers can now make more informed decisions, for improved quality of care.
- Supply chain savings—CHRISTUS Health realized over $500,000 in savings within a few months of the system going live.