The Colruyt Group is most famous for its supermarkets of the same name in Belgium, Luxembourg and France. The retailer has approximately 380 stores in Belgium, and has a turnover of $9.8 billion.
“Informatica provided us with the resources we needed to implement the data integration concepts that we had formulated in a more efficient manner.”
- Grow revenues and expand the business footprint in the dynamic, but traditionally low margin, European food retail market.
- Improve decision making throughout the business while enhancing the efficiency of the IT infrastructure.
- Demand for retail business intelligence had exploded over the last few years—expanding to 7TB of data—and was absorbing increasing amount of expensive people and processing resources.
- Overcome reliance on manual processes: e.g. one person extracted data from the mainframe, one transformed the data, one uploaded data to the Oracle environment, and a one person created data marts.
- Informatica is used to migrate data from operational systems to the data warehouse, create the retail reporting infrastructure, and power Cockpit, Colruyt’s custom application for management reporting.
- Introduced one central team rather than different teams for each action.
- Delivered significant improvement in efficiency, and savings in time and cost.
- Improved data quality and increased transparency