With operations across North America and customers around the globe, British Columbia-based Interfor has approximately 3,400 employees and an annual capacity of 3.1 billion board feet from world-class sawmilling facilities. It offers a broad line of lumber products for framing to finishing.
“With Informatica Cloud B2B Gateway, we’ve taken the process of setting up a new EDI connection with a customer from a very long time to three weeks.”
- Standardize on a single cloud-based B2B integration solution
- Scale to eventually onboard hundreds of customers, banks, and trading partners
- Accommodate multiple protocols and file types for EDI messages
- Onboard trading partners quickly and seamlessly, including lumber purchasing customers, banks, and transportation partners
- Increase resiliency of EDI B2B systems to help ensure that invoices and advance shipping notices are sent and processed in a timely manner
- Eliminate custom coding for new EDI connections while phasing out four legacy, homegrown EDI platforms to achieve greater IT agility and reduce ongoing technical debt
Solutions & Results
- Quickly onboard and manage EDI partners using out-of-the-box mappings from Informatica Cloud B2B Gateway to simplify EDI handling with comprehensive monitoring and tracking
- Support the order-to-cash workflow with multiple Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) instances, increasing the resiliency of B2B integrations
- Reduces the manual effort and coding previously required for setting up new EDI connections, saving time for IT team as well as customers and partners
- Provides a reliable destination platform for all existing EDI connections to be migrated off legacy (in-house built) platforms
- Use a simple three-step wizard to set up a new EDI partner, define a communication method, and assign EDI messages for exchange
- Dramatically accelerates time to market for new connections and makes it easier for customers and partners to do business with Interfor
- Improves the overall stability, reliability, security, and scalability of business-critical EDI function
Products & Services
Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services
Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services is a next generation iPaaS, which is made up of a growing number of data management products. The productivity of the environment is accelerated by a common user experience across all products, the AI/ML-driven intelligence of the CLAIRE™ engine, and a microservices architecture.
Informatica Cloud B2B Gateway
Informatica Cloud B2B Gateway helps you simplify EDI handling with comprehensive monitoring and tracking, as well as shorten partner onboarding cycles.