With 90.7 million customers and more than 8,300 employees in 21 countries in Africa and the Middle East, the MTN Group is the largest telecommunications company in Africa.
“Informatica PowerCenter has played a leading role in helping MTN maintain a strong customer focus, and has been instrumental in helping to drive business growth. In upgrading, we gained the data integration power necessary to handle increasingly massive volumes of call records and turn that data into business advantage.”
- Quickly and reliably source, transform and integrate hundreds of millions of daily call detail records for near-real time analysis in support of marketing, CRM and resource planning.
- Enable call center agents enhance customer care and increase up-selling.
- Help marketing design new price plans, based on usage trends.
- Allow MTN planners to improve resource allocation.
- Source, transform, and integrate large and rapidly growing data volumes.
- Recover business-critical call detail analysis system after OS failure.
- Prepare data for near-real time analysis.
Solutions & Results
- Recovered more than 3 billion records affected by OS failure.
- Improved strategic visibility into customer calling patterns.
- Completed reload 30 days sooner than projected.
Products & Services
Accesses, integrates, and delivers any and all data quickly and cost-effectively, without hand coding.