Shire is a leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people affected by rare diseases and highly specialized conditions. These diseases are often misunderstood, under-diagnosed, and potentially life-threatening. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Shire maintains operations in 65 countries and makes its therapies available in over 100 countries.
“Speed is everything in our sector. Through Informatica, we’re accelerating product development and reducing time to market for our therapies, which helps to enrich the lives of people around the world.”
- Use research data to fight rare diseases and specialized conditions, and to deliver breakthrough therapies faster
- Enable quick, easy access to analytics tools to speed research and development
- Create an integrated, central repository for enterprise data
- Accelerate product time to market to limit the impact of rare diseases and specialized conditions
- Become a data-led organization
- Unite company data following multiple mergers and acquisitions
Solutions & Results
- Use Informatica Cloud Data Integration, Informatica Big Data Management and Microsoft Azure to consolidate disparate data sources and create a single version of the truth
- Leverage Informatica synergies with Microsoft Azure for faster deployment
- Allows more value to be extracted from enterprise data
- Bring together data ingestion, integration, and visualization tools to support analytics
- Speeds product research and development time
- Reduces data acquisition, data integration, and IT support costs
Products & Services
Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services
Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services is a next generation iPaaS, which is made up of a growing number of data management products. The productivity of the environment is accelerated by a common user experience across all products, the AI/ML-driven intelligence of the CLAIRE™ engine, and a microservices architecture.
Cloud Data Integration
Codeless, optimized integration to hundreds of applications and data sources across on-premises and cloud.
Informatica Big Data Management
Intelligently manage big data on-premises and in the cloud for faster insights.