King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center is one of the premier healthcare institutions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. At the heart of the multi-facility is an 894-bed tertiary care hospital that, together with remote sites, provides medical services of a highly specialized nature.
- Improve information management for better decision-making.
- Establish a robust framework for healthcare regulatory compliance, such as NCPDP, HL7, and HIPAA.
- Lower costs through improved operational efficiency.
- Hospital inundated with clinical and operational data from different applications. Data from Integrated Clinical Information System and ERP platform had to be transformed into information to support clinical and administrative decisions.
- Accelerate flow of data: it sometimes took weeks—not minutes—to generate complex reports that involved clinical, administrative, and financial data.
Solutions & Results
- Reduced medical errors and increased patient safety.
- Reduced costs by automating workflow processes while ensuring data is consistent, accurate and synchronized.
- Lowered risk by simplifying compliance with requirements and HL7 standards.
- Cut decision-making from one month to seconds.
- Improved information management for better decision making by integrating and delivering data to critical applications at the right time and in the right format.
- Led to more efficient and cost-effective inventory utilization.