Informatica Launches Intelligent Data Management Cloud for Higher Education
Old Dominion University and Australia’s La Trobe University Among Higher Education Customers Leveraging Informatica Cloud for Student Lifecycle Management
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct 25, 2022 – Informatica®(NYSE: INFA), the enterprise cloud data management leader, today announced the launch of the Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC) for higher education at Educause, an annual conference focused on higher education technology. IDMC for higher education will enable institutions to modernize their data infrastructure with an AI-powered, secure, and scalable solution to connect the academic community better, make data-led decisions, and support innovative teaching and learning.
According to a research study released by Educause, data integration has been a challenge since the introduction of student success technologies. Schools have data distributed across decentralized units and need better ways of integrating it all from disparate systems into a cohesive structure so they can draw insights from student success data.
"Simply moving data to the cloud may achieve efficiency, but more is needed to get value. Our partnership with Informatica brings best-in-class data management capabilities for the cloud while allowing us to integrate our on-premise data environments. We need reliable and timely data to achieve efficient operations, effectuation of our strategic plan, and ultimately student success," said Jimmy Patel, Director of Business Intelligence & Data Analytics, Information Technology Services, Old Dominion University.
“Informatica’s Customer 360 powered by the IDMC platform enables us to have a single source of truth, a holistic 360-degree view of data we can trust from across our organization for data analytics and insights,” said Anthony Perera, Director of Data & Analytics at La Trobe University. We can have greater peace of mind and not have to worry about data, and that frees up our time to deal with more strategic tasks. Furthermore, having high quality, trusted data allows us to optimize our marketing campaign efforts and become even more successful in engaging our students in every stage of their journey with us – from student recruitment, enrolment right through to graduation and beyond. This underpins La Trobe’s belief in pursuing sustainable practices and innovation.”
IDMC for higher education offers a strong data foundation to allow educational institutions to provide digital experiences that drive business outcomes, including:
Deliver an exceptional student experience with a 360-degree view of students:
- Create customized curricula to drive engagement, improve graduation rates, and provide self-paced courses to facilitate student success and boost university rankings.
- Enable students to access digital assets online easily, view a class schedule, contact an academic advisor, or check financial aid details.
- Identify potential issues, such as checking in on a student who stops badging into the cafeteria and enable university staff to respond proactively.
Streamline admission and recruitment with advanced cloud data management:
Universities today, much like enterprises, are challenged with hundreds of data silos dispersed across multiple clouds and systems on-premises. IDMC offers cloud-first, cloud-native data management to build a single source of truth on student data, a critical foundation for enhancing the student experience. IDMC for higher education helps:
- Scale data management efforts with advanced capabilities such as mass ingestion, high performance ELT, and sophisticated workload orchestrations.
- Support high-performance, scalable analytics with advanced transformations.
- Offer no-code tools that provide intelligent recommendations to scale and lower the total cost of ownership.
Ensure security, privacy, and compliance:
- Deliver governed, protected, and trusted data across the entire institution.
- Identify and protect sensitive information to ensure consent and ethical data processing.
- Provide a secure cloud-based platform with comprehensive technical safeguards covering access, encryption, auditing, and other stringent controls.
- Protect student data and facilitate compliance with state, federal, and global regulations with data privacy.
"With many siloed business systems generating vast volumes of data in various formats, educational institutions struggle to get a clear, complete view at every stage of the student lifecycle," said Michael Anderson, Chief Strategist, Public Sector at Informatica. "Delivering the right digital services requires high-quality data that provides a 360-degree view of the educational lifecycle of each student. With our IDMC for higher education, we're able to analyze data across departments and functions — from recruitment to academic studies as well as on-campus and off-campus life to provide an ideal campus experience."
For more information, please visit our website here.
Informatica (NYSE:INFA), an Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud™(IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages, and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Over 5,000 customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. Learn more at informatica.com.
Informatica Public Relations