Japan for UNHCR (J4U) is a registered Japanese nonprofit organization receiving approximately USD $43 million per year in donations, growing at a 20 percent annual rate with 70 employees in its Tokyo office.
“We were able to respond quickly to the COVID-19 pandemic by building the infrastructure capacity to potentially reposition 50 of our face-to-face fundraisers as telemarketers, using Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services to move the data between cloud applications.”
- Make the best use of donations to raise awareness, help the world’s refugees, and ease the plight of displaced people
- Raise funds to ease the impact of COVID-19 on refugees and displaced communities while maintaining social distancing
- Empower a small IT team to quickly develop and deploy digital tools and software features that help fundraisers with their mission
- Automate ETL and job scheduling for cloud migration
- Provide a visual interface for non-programmers
- Accommodate double-byte Japanese character sets
- Move from manually intensive data flows to Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services for integration platform as a service (iPaaS)
- Integrate Salesforce with Amazon Connect to move donor and financial data in and out of a cloud contact center while keeping information current in Salesforce
- Increases developer productivity 3-fold, making new fundraising tools and features available in weeks instead of months.
- Use Informatica Cloud Data Integration to connect cloud apps and a Microsoft SQL Server data warehouse using prebuilt connectors
- Helps donations go further by improving operating efficiency, reducing manual processes
- Positioned the technology infrastructure to support redeployment of face-to-face solicitors to telemarketing