RWE Thames Water is the world’s third largest water company, with more than 70 million customers and 20,000 employees worldwide. The company provides critical national infrastructure through its water and wastewater services, mainly in the USA and the UK
“We needed a system that could pull together all that information and present it in a way to help inform our decision-making and ensure we set the right priorities.”
- Ensure safe, continual water supply.
- Identify which parts of the infrastructure need to be repaired, replaced or refurbished as part of $600 million maintenance budget.
- Extract data from multiple heterogeneous databases and flat files.
- Enable end users to cross-reference data from every aspect of operations.
- Transform data into a common format for loading into a data warehouse.
- Delivered continuous access to all data across all departments.
- Saved significant time and money in development process.
- Improved decision-making by facilitating fast, accurate reporting.