Vertex is an international business process outsourcer, with particular expertise in customer management. A subsidiary of United Utilities, Vertex develops and implements a range of service solutions including transformational outsourcing, combining its skills in consulting, technology and outsourced service provision.
“The need to deliver the highest levels of customer service in a regulated market makes the utilities sector extremely challenging. To succeed we needed to create and migrate information to an agile, integrated IT infrastructure across our entire customer base.”
- Fund large capital investment programs to meet environmental, regulatory and customer priorities.
- Lower costs.
- Support business change in Vertex’s water supply unit by incorporating both metered and unmetered customers into a single system.
- Create an agile, customer-centric IT infrastructure that delivers improved customer service and increased operational efficiency.
- Migrate existing legacy applications for United Utilities to a new web-enabled, customer-centric system without impacting the business.
Solutions & Results
- Seamless migration of legacy systems to new, customer-centric IT environment.
- Enhanced customer service by gaining a single view of each customer across United Utilities’ water supply business.
- Savings of £9 million per year stemming from Vertex’s successful completion of the new IT environment.
- Future-proofed system that is sufficiently flexible and agile to adapt to changing customer needs.
Products & Services
Accesses, integrates and delivers any and all data quickly and cost-effectively, without hand coding.
Informatica Address Verification
Parses, cleanses, verifies & standardizes global address data and appends country codes for global address validation.