Formed through a series of mergers, Oi is the largest telecommunications company in Brazil, with 10,000 employees, more than 31 million customers, and annual revenues of $14.5 billion.
“We needed a single view of the customer and faster updates to our enterprise data warehouse to support our programs. Informatica gave us the single platform we needed, and the agility to continue to lead in our market.”
- Marketing and Sales needed a single view of the customer to drive and manage up sell, cross sell and other marketing campaigns.
- Product management needed to integrate various systems to bring products and services to market quickly and to support them effectively.
- Management also needed high performance access to trusted data to minimize fraud and comply with mandated service level agreements.
- Customer service required a unified customer view to respond quickly to customer requests.
- Management needed an up-to-date and comprehensive data warehouse to quickly respond to changes in market conditions and opportunities.
- Consolidate 17 customer databases into one 20-terabyte data warehouse.
- Government rules on number portability and fraud prevention demanded that the national database be updated every six hours with customer changes—OI’s legacy database could only achieve this in 13 hours.
- Fast-growing data volumes led to unacceptable delays in the time taken to consolidate and load information into the data warehouse.
- Supported launch of aggressive marketing campaigns to capture new customers and increase its share of wallet with existing customers.
- Increased volume of historical data available to users by 20%, helping Oi to identify market trends and new potential revenue opportunities.
- Reduced credit recharge process time by 60% and increased response capacity by 400%.
- Cut warehouse loading process time in half, from ten hours to five.
- Lowered the time to provide number portability and fraud prevention data to government agency from 13 hours to three hours.