The US Air Force has more than 327,000 active personnel and nearly 5,600 aircraft, as well as missiles and satellites around the globe.
“Before Air Force Knowledge Services, there wasn’t visibility on a timely basis. It might have taken weeks or months to extract that information manually out of all the stove-piped transaction systems.”
- Keeping the fleet in repair and ready to fly.
- Lower the cost of delivering defense services.
- Air Force analysts needed to pull information manually from different databases and information systems and compile it in spreadsheets.
- Improve speed and availability of data access.
- Integrate 26 discrete source systems and databases.
- Introduce reporting tools and dashboards.
Solutions & Results
- Recouped $300,000 in excess equipment in one week.
- Enabled end users to generate approximately 20,000 reports a week.
- Shortened reporting time from six months to less than an hour.
- Identified more than $600 million in excess parts.