Vale is the second largest mining company in the world and the largest private company in Latin America. It provides key raw materials for steelmaking and for producing metal alloys for use in batteries, vehicles, aircraft and other manufactured products.
“Vale anticipates a complete return on this Informatica Application ILM investment within 18 months, and potential payback period to be less than a year, once larger applications are retired. This takes into account the elimination of excessive data management costs, unnecessary hardware and software maintenance fees, and high data center expenses”
Lucas de Andrade
- Realize business value from acquisitions more quickly—between 2000 and 2010, Vale invested more than $28 billion in global acquisitions.
- Improve IT operational cost reduction and efficiency.
- Streamline retirement of legacy applications, improved retirement process governance.
- Reduce and simplify the IT infrastructure associated with legacy applications from acquired organizations and migrated systems.
- Meet compliance regulations for application reporting.
- Delivered archived data compression rate averaging 95%, reducing storage costs.
- Gained complete return on investment in 18 months.
- Introduced broad, scalable and certified platform archiving support.
- Helped company meet compliance obligations with confidence.
- Saved $1 million costs annually.
- Obtained application retirement, data subset creation, data masking and database archiving in one integrated solution.
- Eliminated hardware, software and maintenance costs of redundant applications.
- Avoided time-consuming e-discovery processes across different applications.