Table of Contents
The application landscape of most organizations today is complex. Multiple clouds, tons of applications, thousands of users and different systems require too many technical resources to manage. What's more shocking is how fast all this is growing and changing. Recent research estimates 750 million apps will be online by 20251. It's time to connect systems and processes that are out of sync. It's time to speed up how business gets done and slow down the rate of errors made along the way. It's time to stop sacrificing control for productivity or predictable performance. It’s time. Hyperautomation can help you automate and scale application integrations.
What Is Hyperautomation?
Hyperautomation is an expansion of automation. It adds a layer of advanced technology to automation, which makes it possible to do more with the technology. Hyperautomation tackles the most complicated business processes. By using it, organizations can automate tasks that used to be manual. This increases employee retention and productivity as well as improves the customer experience. It helps organizations identify, vet and automate business and IT processes. Hyperautomation involves the orchestrated use of technologies, tools and platforms, including:
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Machine learning (ML)
- Event-driven software architecture Robotic process automation (RPA)
- Business process management (BPM) and intelligent business process management suites (iBPMS)
- Integration platform as a service (iPaaS)
- Low-code/no-code tools
- Packaged software
- Other types of decision, process and task automation tools
What Are the Benefits of Hyperautomation?
For organizations to thrive in today’s business landscape, people, processes and systems must be flexible to accommodate change. For example, companies need to be able to quickly and easily respond to increased pressure to generate online revenue or support remote work. The latest integrations, AI, APIs and software automation can give you the tools you need to stay ahead of your competition. To achieve meaningful business outcomes, you need to rein in data proliferation, application fragmentation and technology sprawl.
- Promote business and technical agility. Use democratized access and trusted data for business initiatives to deliver value.
- Speed up time to value and lower TCO. Use an integrated solution for enterprise app modernization. It should address the needs of both business and technical stakeholders.
- Reduce costs and gain efficiencies. Automate critical tasks. Replace time-consuming manual processes that can lead to errors.
- Simplify administration and reduce overhead. Optimize for all user personas with integrated capabilities.
- Scale to meet business demands. Connect apps and services via self-service marketplaces and business interoperability portals. Leverage a single platform that unifies API creation and management, data set processing, event processing and more.
- Scale to meet global deployment objectives. Use data discovery across organizations to uncover thousands of attributes in a file.
What Is the Role of iPaaS in Hyperautomation?
Modern enterprises need hyperautomation to drive exceptional customer and employee experiences. It also helps outperform their competition. In today’s consumer-demanding world, hyperautomation empowers enterprises to automate complex business processes. This enables you to thrive in our digitally connected world.
As enterprises implement digital transformation initiatives, automation is the catalyst for success. By deploying applications such as CRMs and ERPs and technologies such as ML and AI, organizations can make these goals a reality. The downside is when the apps function in silos. This hinders the ability to deliver meaningful outcomes. To achieve a state of hyperautomation, apps and technologies must work together. The answer? Adopting an iPaaS (integration platform as a service). An iPaaS merges applications and technologies to create unified business processes across departments. It also drives excellent customer and employee experiences.
Enterprise-scale Hyperautomation Across All Environments
A foundation of AI-powered hyperautomation is necessary to leverage industry-leading integration and API services.
An iPaaS is the backbone of end-to-end hyperautomation due to its ability to:
- Provide flexibility to design business process automation using self-service wizard builders. This enables data integration with disparate applications in the cloud, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
- Orchestrate business processes with automated process workflows in real time and manage APIs.
- Support data management patterns such as master data management and data quality. Other supported patterns include data catalog, API and application integration and data governance.
With an iPaaS solution in place, enterprises get complete visibility and control.
5 Reasons to Adopt an iPaaS to Drive Hyperautomation
An iPaaS is designed for those with a vision of end-to-end hyperautomation. The gold standard for integration and hyperautomation includes the following capabilities:
- Process automation
- Data integration
- Application integration
- Application programming interface API-driven integration
Deliver hyperautomation by taking into consideration both technology and people; get roi from your iPaaS.
Here are five reasons why enterprises should adopt an iPaaS to speed up hyperautomation:
- Low-code/no-code development engages workforce
- Superior customer experience and decision making
iPaaS drives innovation by integrating applications and hyperautomating complex business processes. This enables precise decision making with the right data at the right time. The AI and ML capabilities of an iPaaS help drive intelligence in their process automation initiatives. This includes:
- ecommerce product recommendations
- Support ticket management
- Chat bot responses
- Automated process workflows and agility
- Real-time visibility into integration and data flows
- Robust API management
Harnessing APIs is the most effective way to achieving enterprise-wide hyperautomation. To automate business processes, iPaaS can do the following with APIs:
iPaaS technology supports many personas. This includes architects, developers, citizen integrators and business analysts. iPaaS development is done in a low-code/no-code environment, which makes this possible. Tasks that sound complex are easy with mouse clicks or drag and drop with a simple graphical user interface. You can integrate on-premises and cloud applications with zero coding knowledge. You can foster connectivity with out-of-the-box templates, accelerators and solutions for specific industry verticals. The 360-degree visibility provided by an iPaaS helps users transform their business processes.
Hyperautomation can also be used for simple repetitive tasks to improve efficiency. For example: It can streamline tasks the IT, finance, marketing and HR departments need to complete on a regular basis.
An iPaaS delivers end-to-end hyperautomation with its out-of-the-box integrations and automated process workflow management capabilities. This empowers enterprises to meet changing customer and market demands. For example: Automating the onboarding of employees and procurement can reduce errors, lower costs and save time.
As enterprises acquire software applications, it is critical for them to talk to each other in real time. Transparent data flows allow for tighter data security and compliance. Enterprises get visibility into the process workflows across other business units. This enables you to better manage hyperautomation resources and processes.
This includes processes that work across multiple clouds and on-premises systems within and outside their firewall. It can help enterprises manage their API marketplaces by allowing developers to upload, distribute and monetize APIs. It also helps consumers to discover and consume those APIs.
Learn more about the benefits of an iPaaS solution. Read the free eBook, Next-Gen iPaaS for Dummies.
Customer Case Studies: Hyperautomation in Action Across Industries
- Informatica helped cloud banking leader nCino automate their booking loans and deposit processes. This enabled them to reduce their loan origination and closing times by an average of 34%.
- Reitmans, a women’s specialty apparel retailer, wanted customers to have full visibility of their orders. “By connecting our order management system to the customer order tracking system, Informatica plays a major role in making the shopping experience transparent and user-friendly,” says Carlo Varano, Director Application Systems, Reitmans Ltd.
- The Austin Community College District (ACC) wanted to drive digital transformation to enhance student experiences. Informatica Application Integration and API Management solutions now enable them to integrate their applications such as Salesforce and Okta with secured API usage management. Now students can access systems in seconds rather than the previous experience of 24 to 48 hours.
- To address England’s housing crisis, Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) needed access to current customer and property data. They deployed Informatica’s iPaaS infrastructure to create a centralized depot of high-quality data. This included tenant and property data across the entire organization. It also provided data transparency to the business. The result? Improved timeliness of response and service. Hyperautomation helped Thames Valley Housing ease the misery of homelessness.
The most advanced organizations are leveraging hyperautomation to help tackle complex business processes. Learn more about how your organization can too by reading “3 Ways to Boost Productivity with Hyperautomation.”
1IDC 750 Million New Logical Applications: More Background, Dec 2021, Document #US48441921