Launch products faster across all channels.
For consumer goods companies, accelerating the time to market for new products is a strategic imperative. However, many companies struggle to deliver new products quickly enough to stay on top of the market. Challenges include the need to achieve:
- Shorter product innovation cycles. Most companies are experiencing volatile markets and short product life cycles due to rapid technological innovation and market competition. Current supply-demand planning systems fail to take these factors into account.
- Collaboration in a distributed landscape. In global companies and markets, moredata sources and people are involved in creating product information and launching new products. Connecting people and automating processes is therefore a strategic imperative.
The Informatica New Product Introduction (NPI) for Retail solution enables companies with millions of products to use rich product information to drive revenue by improving the overall customer shopping experience across all touch points.
The solution pulls together fragmented product information scattered across vendors, suppliers, and applications into one central, trusted location where it can be managed and shared on an ongoing basis.
The Informatica NPI solution helps you achieve:
- Greater customer loyalty thanks to higher-quality service and information
- Higher margins and conversion rates
- Increased cross-sell and up-sell potential by building and standardizing on a full set of product attributes
- Reduced data onboarding and management costs through automation
- A diversified supplier base with an increased number of sales channels
Key capabilities for the Informatica NPI solution include:
- A cockpit for suppliers and vendors. The supplier portal allows suppliers to perform imports or create or edit products via a web interface.
- Self-service user interface. Simple supplier functions allow Facebook-style communication between suppliers and users.
- Web-based dashboard. This enables simple administration of operations.
- Intuitive mapping of various source formats. This includes mapping of XML, CSV, BMEcat, Excel, and more to your data model.
- Flexible service API. Easy access to product information for integration into other systems or applications.
- Editing capabilities. Suppliers can edit their data directly in the web.
- Best practices. Use pre-built templates to get started quickly.
- Data quality rules. Build reusable data quality assessment, cleansing, validation, and enrichment rules with an easy-to-use design environment.
- E-commerce integration. Flexible data templates for your online channels.