Ensure accurate data about products and product hierarchies across the enterprise
Product data management is a discipline within multidomain master data management (MDM) that seeks to ensure that all relevant departments within an organization have real-time access to the most current and complete view of product information. Historically, the effective management of product data has been challenging because it is spread across applications, resulting in inconsistencies and duplications among competing sources. These inaccuracies result in:
- Product launch delays
- Supply chain inefficiencies
- Lost revenue due to out-of-stocks
- Customer defection because of poor service
Desktop Access to Consolidated and Reliable Product Data
Eliminate the excessive time spent searching for and reconciling data in different formats across multiple systems with product data management. Empower employees with desktop access to consolidated, reliable product data in real time to pursue strategic imperatives and gain substantial business benefits. With this solution, you can enable your company to:
- Accelerate the pace of product launches by giving employees visibility into the information they need
- Streamline the supply chain with product data management by leveraging a single view of product information throughout the supply chain from start to finish
- Increase revenue by supplying employees with the product data they need to prevent running out of stock and improve inventory replenishment by exchanging reliable product data with suppliers
- Improve customer retention by furnishing customer service personnel with the Extended Customer View, which enables them to see which customers have which products and the channels through which they purchased them
Start with Products and Successfully Expand to Other Data Domains
Informatica MDM empowers businesses with desktop access to all types of consolidated and reliable business-critical data, including data about customers, products (via product data management), channel partners, suppliers, and employees. Companies that pursue a product data management project need to recognize their products and product hierarchies accurately across multiple divisions, departments, and regions—despite inconsistent and duplicate data in applications or data silos.
Informatica MDM product data management enables companies to leverage this view of all products and product hierarchies to improve their operations and reporting by recognizing, resolving, and relating product master data that must be shared across business processes. It can also provide companies with the 360 Customer View, which offers visibility into which customers are purchasing which products and services. In addition, Informatica MDM can enable the Extended Customer View, which includes customers, their accounts, products, services, and their valuable but previously hidden relationships with other customers—in and outside the household—as well as their relationships with businesses and organizations, plus the channels through which they are making their purchases.