Your business runs many applications that store data—financial systems, marketing systems, customer service systems, and so on. Each application has built its own version of data “truth.” But which one is right? Not knowing can cost your organization significantly.
You know you’re in trouble when business processes start breaking down. You don’t know what products your customers have bought. You don’t know which products are selling well, or through which channels. You can’t get important compliance documents completed on time. You can’t get marketing campaigns out the door, and when you finally do, ROI suffers.
What to look for
Not all MDM solutions are created equal. When considering options, look for these features:
- Flexibility—MDM is a journey. Although your business may first buy a product for one type of data integrity problem, you should be able to use that solution to solve additional ones.
- Built for data variability—Likewise, it needs to handle multiple data types: customer records as well as products, locations, accounts, and all related elements.
- Designed for complexity—Not understanding relationships can cost your company money. You should know if two people belong to the same household or if a customer owns more than one of your products.
- Scalability from small to big projects—Many MDM problems are exceedingly complex. But you don’t want to take a year for the initiative to get off the ground. You want the ability to break down a data problem into smaller components.
- Configurable—An MDM system shouldn’t require coding, which comes with testing and maintenance headaches.
Informatica Master Data Management is the only MDM solution that is both easy to deploy and flexible enough to solve your unique business challenges.
- Agility—Our solution can be deployed rapidly and easily, and includes the full assortment of data integrity, data quality, and BPM capabilities required to successfully complete any MDM project.
- Business user-focused—We deliver value directly to your business users by immediately improving business processes and helping them discover relationships in the data that gives them powerful insights.
- Focused on customer success—A dedicated group within Informatica’s MDM division, our customer success team was created with the sole purpose of ensuring customer satisfaction. As a result, Informatica has been named number one for customer loyalty nine years in a row by independent research firm TNS.